Beginners Obedience Training
- Fitting of appropriate dog training equipment: “Gentle Leader” or “ The Merry Walker”™ Harness and Leather leash (recommended)
- Clicker Training: without the Clicker
- Learning patience & self-control via structure and boundaries
- “Leave it”
- “Let’s walk”: walking formally at your left side, without pulling
- “Sit”: at your side – 1 minute sit
- “Sit-Wait”: especially at doors
- “Sit” for meet-n-greets: greeting people without jumping
- “Down”: the “Leadership” exercise - 5 minute down
- “Down-Stay” with “Spot” - 30 minute down stay
- Call to “Come”: two different recall exercises which includes distractions & distance
The Beginners Obedience Program in its entirety is a series of 4 private lessons.
Tina McCain, Atlanta’s most sought-after dog trainer, has been training dogs and puppies for over 40 years. Training Programs include: Puppy manners, Beginner's Obedience, Advanced Obedience, Canine Good Citizen certification, K9 Nosework, Tricks, Off-Leash and more... Private lessons in Towne Lake, Woodstock, Marietta, East Cobb, Canton, Alpharetta, Roswell, and the surrounding areas of Cobb, Cherokee, and North Fulton Counties.