Advanced Obedience Training
Description: 6 lessons
Prerequisite: Basic Obedience Training
Advanced Obedience Dog Training continues to reinforce the beginner skills of our Basic Dog Obedience Training, and takes those basics to the next level. Includes emphasis intensified distraction training, especially in public settings.
- Less dependency on a leash to get your dog to respond to your cue
- Hand signals
- Sit-stays, down-stays, stand-stays
- Distance call-to-comes
- “Emergency Down” at a distance
- The “Finish”
This dog training class may also includes an “off-site” distraction class, out in a public setting (weather permitting).
Equipment: 12’ long line leash – Palomine Line – $29.99 (or other 12’ long leash if you already have one).
Advanced Dog Obedience Training: $250
AKC Canine Good Citizen Class and Certification
Description: 2 classes
Prerequisite: Basic & Advanced Obedience Class
Have you ever thought about doing hospital/therapy work with your dog? This AKC certification will prepare your dog for therapy dog certification and/or give you something to brag about to all your family & friends. This dog training class is open to purebred and mix breed dogs alike! A CGC printed guideline will be provided. No additional equipment needed. Tina McCain is a Certified American Kennel Club Evaluator.
Certified Dog Training:
- The Canine Good Citizen program emphasizes dog ownership/care for owners, and good manners at home and in the community for dogs. The goals of the CGC program and the CGC classes are to teach dog owners proper dog etiquette and make good citizens out of all dogs, purebred or mixed breed, in order to gain greater public acceptance for dogs.
- CGC dogs who pass the 10 step CGC test can earn a certificate and/or the official AKC CGC title. Dogs with the CGC title have the suffix, “CGC” after their names.
- For a complete description of the AKC Canine Good Citizen certification requirements, please visit their website.
Class #1 – CGC Prep Class
Class #2 – CGC Certification Test
Canine Good Citizen Training: $95
OFF-LEASH Training Class
Description: 6 lessons
Prerequisite: Basic and Advanced Obedience Training
The “Off-Leash” dog training class will teach you the skills needed so that your dog to will be able respond “off-leash”. This class is six weeks in duration, and all the lessons are held off-site. Each week, this class travels to a different park, increasing your dog’s potential response in multiple environments and distractions. Ultimately we finish the class with a nice long hike, hands-free!
Since all of the classes are outside, this class is offered one time per year, starting in April, so we can finish before it gets too hot!
A specialty 30’ of Palomine line will be required for this class.
- “Formal” hands-free walking
- “Free” hands-free walking
- “Sit-stays” – 30’
- “Down-stays” – 30’
- Emergency downs – up to 30’
- “Call-to-Come” – 30’ and then some!
- Intensified distractions with varied environments
OFF-LEASH Dog Training Class: $250
|Off-Leash Training - Starting Saturdays in April 2018 @ 11amshow details +||$250.00 (USD)||Goes On Sale|
October 1, 2017
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: October 1, 2017 9:20 pm
Sales End: April 8, 2018 12:20 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.